While the world’s attention has been focused on COVID-19, something big has been happening in the world of auto insurance. The industry is undergoing a shake-up that could bring exciting new ways to save money and get better value from your insurance policy in 2022.
In Australia, we’ve seen the launch of some innovative pay-as-you-go car insurance options like Koba and Huddle, as well as a new female-focused entrant, Stella, which rewards women for being safer drivers. Qantas has also entered the car insurance market, offering competitive premiums and up to 20,000 Qantas Points as a reward for joining.
Traditional insurance players like Budget Direct aren’t resting on their laurels either. They are offering an online discount of up to 15% to encourage drivers to stop paying the lazy tax by staying with their current insurance company rather than shopping around at renewal.
Qantas – Comprehensive auto insurance*
- Up to 20,000 Qantas Points for joining
- Get a quote in less than 2 minutes
qantas Sure has released the only car sure with qantas Points. Depending on the cost of your premium, you will get up to 20,000 qantas Points when you join or switch, and you can continue to earn more points for every dollar spent on your premium. Other benefits include competitive pricing, options to tailor your coverage, lifetime repair warranty, new-for-old replacement, and 24/7 claims.
Stella – All Risk Car Insurance*
- Pay less and enjoy the rewards without claims
- Enter your car registration to get a quick quote
Stella is a game-changing new entrant rewarding female drivers for being safer drivers. As a woman, you can sign up for a comprehensive auto insurance policy from Stella and pay less for being a statistically lower risk driver while enjoying benefits like theft and accident damage, new car replacement, personal items coverage up to $ 1,000 and $100 annually. without claiming reward. She simply enters her car registration to get a quick quote online in 40 seconds and insured in 4 minutes.
Budget Direct – Gold Comprehensive Auto Insurance*
- 15% online discount on your first year premium
- Mozo Experts Choice Value Insurance Provider of the Year – 2021
Budget Direct offers drivers an easy way to save with 15% off your first year’s premium when you buy a new policy online. You’ll also get personalized coverage, new-for-old replacement, 24/7 claims, a highly rated claims service, and a rental car if your car is stolen. It takes 2 minutes to get an online quote and see how much you could be saving.
KOBA Insurance – All Risk Auto Insurance*
- Drive less, save more with Koba’s innovative pay-per-mile insurance
- Comprehensive coverage for events such as collision, theft, vandalism, storm, hail, flood and fire
This innovative pay-per-mile policy from Koba Car Insurance uses real-time technology to track your miles each month and charge only for the distance you drive, along with a simple fixed cost to cover you while you’re parked. When you sign up, you’ll be sent a Koba Rider device that connects to your car’s on-board computer and tracks the miles you travel, so the less you drive, the more you save.
Huddle – Comprehensive car insurance*
- Pay per kilometer and save by driving less
- Presentation of claims 24/7 and substitution of new ones for old ones (less than 2 years old)
If your car has been collecting more dust than miles thanks to remote work during Covid19, this new pay-as-you-drive car insurance could save you big. With Huddle, you simply choose the miles you think you’ll drive this year and buy more miles later if you need them. If you drive less than 15,000km a year, Huddle’s Pay As You Drive coverage could save you up to 30% compared to your regular comprehensive coverage. With all of this on offer, it’s no wonder Huddle won a Mozo Experts Choice Award for Exceptional Value Auto Insurance in 2021.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products displayed on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may affect the level of benefits and coverage available under any of the insurance products displayed on Mozo’s website. Please refer to the applicable Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determination on the provider’s website for more information before making any insurance product decisions.
^View information on the Mozo Experts Choice Car Insurance Awards